POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : blob between declared object : Re: blob between declared object Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob between declared object
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Sep 2002 07:13:23
Message: <3D788DD2.8471C63E@gmx.de>
krus wrote:

> Hi all
> i'am very 'green' so bare over with me..
>
> I'm having two declared objects (just a sphere and a box):
> obj1 & obj2
> I would like to make a blob between them
>
> [...]

Where is written that the blob object accepts arbitrary objects as
components?

The allowed components are:

sphere{<Center>, Radius, [ strength ] Strength [COMPONENT_MODIFIER...] }
cylinder{<End1>, <End2>, Radius, [ strength ] Strength
[COMPONENT_MODIFIER...] }

Blobbing arbitrary objects isn't possible but you can achieve something

isosurface functions'.  The IsoCSG library also contains some macros for
simplifying this:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/ic/index.html

and it works for arbitrary functions, therefore also for shapes like
boxes.  See:

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0013390/pov/ic/docu02.html#BlobShape

Christoph

--